There seems to be quite a growing trend towards incorporating Salt and chili in desserts. So I thought I might showcase this trend into this gorgeous caramel pudding. It’s not your average pudding recipe and honestly, it’s not that sweet either. There’s a lovely savory hint in the caramel that balances all the sweetness and it’s not heavy on the palate. I’ve come up with is an uncomplicated version that will take just no time to make!
- For the crust
- 200 gm Chocolate cream biscuits
- 30 ml Butter melted
- For the pudding
- 200 gm Silken tofu
- 200 gm Low fat cream
- 6 tbsp Caramelized sugar
- 4 drops Almond essence
- 2 tsp Coffee
- 1 tsp Gelatine dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- For the garnish
- 2 tsp Brown sugar powdered
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- for the crust – crush the biscuits and add melted butter and compress on the base of the serving dish Refrigerate for 20 mins.
- For the pudding: in a food proccessor add all the ingredients together and blend well pour the mixture slowly on the firm crust and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Sprinkle powdered brown sugar , sea salt and cinnamon mixture Serve chilled.