Potatoes are such an integral part of our diet in the Indian cuisine. They find their way in the most decadent of recipes. Though quite the underdog, the humble potato is substituted for almost any vegetable recipe in the Indian kitchen. This delicious and quick aloo jeera recipe is my go-to subzi so go on, give it a try!
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1/2 inch Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Degi mirch red chili
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Hing
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp Amchoor
- Salt to taste
- 2 large Potatoes Boiled, cubed
- 2 tbsp Coriander chopped
- Add the mustard oil in a pan.
- Add the jeera, hing and ginger and saute for a while.
- Add the potatoes and the rest of the spices.
- Saute for a while.
- Add coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati.