- 2 cups Dates pitted
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 Eggs seperated
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 2 cups Oil
- 2 tbsp Brandy
- Bring water to a boil in a pan and add dates and baking soda to it.
2. Stir for 2 mins, remove from heat and strain the water.
3. Keep the stretchy dates aside and add brandy to it.
4. Beat egg whites using an electric beater till soft peaks are formed. Keep aside.
5. In a separate bowl, mix egg yolks and sugar till thick consistency is formed.
6. Add oil and beat again, add flour slowly and mix then add the dates.
7. Next fold in the egg whites in the batter using a wooden spatula.
8. Pour the batter in a greased tin and sprinkle crushed walnuts.
9. Bake for 30-40mins at 170 degree celsius.
10. Serve with ice cream or toffee sauce.