Pumpkin: It’s yummy and it’s seasonal. And we’re in the middle of a full-on flavor takeover. There’s pumpkin in your bagels, beer and coffee. And now in Cake Too.
While most pumpkin-flavored treats should be added to the once-in-a-while list, pumpkin itself (not to be confused with artificial pumpkin spice flavoring) is actually one of the healthier foods of the season. Here are six reasons it’s OK to be totally obsessed with this season’s superfood.
1. Feel Fuller
2. Boost Vision
3. Lower Blood Pressure
4. Sleep Better
5. Rich in Anti Oxidants
6. Have a Healthier Heart
- 1.5 Kg Squash ripe orange
- 1/3 Cup Clarified butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 200 ml Milk 1 Glass
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds Khus Khus
- 4 Cardamom Green Crushed
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat oil and add poppy seeds and stir till little brown in colour
- Add grated pumpkin and milk
- Add sugar
- Let is simmer for few minutes cover and cook till 30 minutes. Occasionally stirring in between
- Once the liquid is dried saute for few minutes.
- Remove from fire and put in a small bowl and invert on a glass serving dish
- For Crumble: Heat 3 tbsp butter add 4 tbsp flour and crushed almond.
- Saute till golden brown crumble is obtained
- Sprinkle the crumble on the squash cake, Fig and almond syrup
- In a pan add 2 tbsp brown sugar and 1/3 cup water
- Add skinned almond s one large whole dry fig with a dash of cointreau and 1 tsp of cognac
- Stir till syrup is of little thick consistency
- Serve it on side of the squash crumble