I have always been in love with cheese. I mean any type of cheese savoury or sweet .
Born in India where cheese and milk are in abundance and commonly used to cook food .
From wide variety of sweet shops selling Indian desserts mostly made with milk and cottage cheese , I was naturally drawn to cheese cakes , specially the New York cheese cakes. On my first trip to the big apple I remember just gazing at the cake shop windows dressed with the most fanciest cheese cakes I had ever seen .
I would eat cheese cake for breakfast, lunch Dinners and of course at tea time
So’ here is my special lemonchello cheese cake recipe for the 4th of July treat …..
No bake easy. Cheese cake
- 1 Sleeve Digestive biscuits/ gram crackers
- 250 Gm Softened cream cheese
- 1 Cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup Sour cream
- 3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Mixed berries Soaked in rum for garnish
- 2 Tbsp Lemonchello
- 4 Tbsp Butter melted
- Take one sleeve graham crackers and mix with 4 tbsp of melted butter .compress in serving dish. Chill 3o minutes to make the crust
2. Mix in cream and cream cheese till blended . Add all the ingredients other than berries Gently pour over the crust Chill for 6 hours till frim
3. Garnish with berries and serve chilled